Saturday, October 13, 2007

Beate's WSC23 & Lindsey's Inka Contest


Hi there! I'm so excited Beate has a great sketch challenge this weekend you can see it here Lindsey has a Inkadinkado Card Contest going on you can see it here
With so much inspiration how could I pass these up? My stamp is made by Inkadinkado. I colored the hummingbird after I googled hummingbirds and saw one I liked, the one I saw had a black head and black tail but the body really was Old Olive and NQN. So I took it from there and this is what I came up with. I used chalk on Natural cardstock to color the image. The clouds are made using chalk and a cloud stencil.
Card Supplies
Stamps: Hummingbird ( Inkadinkado)
Paper: NQN,Natural White, BG Blush
Ink: Black
Accessories: Stampin Pastels
*ETA Here's a link to my coloring with pastels tutorial I made back in April
Thanks for stopping by!
Dee

13 comments:

Monica-FC said...

Boy I love this. what you can do with chalk. I can't do this with chalk. any chance of a tutorial on chalk?? so i can use mine more. many thanks.

Yosha said...

This is a lovely card!! I can't believe it's coloured with chalks!! I am off to check out the tutorial. Thank you in advance for posting it.

Cheers

Dee Jackson said...

Monica I emailed you with the link to my tutorial on coloring with chalk. I also added it to this post. I hope that helps you:)

Anonymous said...

OOOH Dee this is sooo pretty! I absolutely LOVE the clouds!! Make sure to email this to me! ;) Have a great weekend!

Heather P. said...

Oh wow, this is SO pretty! LOVE your coloring. :)

Scrappy Moments said...

This is Beautiful, Love The Pastels :)

Angie

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and there are sooo many pretty things to look at here! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Your coloring is fabulous...and I love the clouds!

Risa said...

This card is just beautiful Dee!
malieta:)

Dana said...

OMG. What an amazing coloring job Dee! This card is just gorgeous. (And totally clever of you to look at real photos of hummers to see the colros variations!)

Anonymous said...

You do beautiful things with this stamp! It's perfect for this sketch. Beautiful work with the chalks (which I love to use, also)!

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous, Dee!! :)

stampencamper said...

awesome card, there are not enough cute bird stamps, but love this hummingbird, and you did it such justice, stunning coloring
Carolyn